Fall / Winter 2016 - 2017 Trends : the Colors
Today let's speak about the 13 "Trendiest" colors seen on the Fall / Winter 2016 runways !! This should be the colors we will see most this season, allover the R.T.W collections and hopefully as well on the fabrics and accessories we will propose you !!
I will present them in "order of importance" in terme of their presence on the shows :
* As already presented in the *10 Season's Essentials" post, "Blue is the new Black" !! And nearly all Blue shades are concerned, Sky Blue, Steel, Cerulean, Navy etc .. plain or printed - as Jacket, Coat, Dress, Skirt, Sweater etc, etc !!
Seams that we will not be able to escape on this color this season ;)
Fashion shows pictures from : Christian Dior, Prabal Gurung, Escada, Michael Kors Collection, H&M, Chloé, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Versace, Fendi, Missoni, Diane von Fustenberg from left to right.
* Green is "THE" second must have shade of the season !! Beside Kaki that is already "In" for the last 2 seasons, due inter alia of the "Army" theme, Pine Green, Lime, Olive, Emerald are among others Green shades you will see this season ...
This color is maybe not the most commercial but Green is really versatile and easy to combine ;). Ok, I'm maybe not 100% objective as it is for sure in my top 3 favorite colors ;) but promise I will try not to overflow you with green fabrics ;)
Fashion Show pictures from : Bally, Topshop Unique, Rochas, Victoria Victoria Beckham, M Missoni, Fendi, Max Mara, J.Mendel, Elie Saab, Barbara Bui, Boss, Zadig & Voltaire from left to right.
* Gold !! we've seen it already a lot this summer, and Gold is back this Winter !! often combined with Black for a Classy look ;)
Fashion Shows pictures from : Valentino, Lanvin, Just Cavalli, Max Mara, Chanel, Tomas Maier, Ralph Lauren, Emanuel Ungaro from left to right.
* Blazing Red bounces back this Winter as well ;) rather plain than printed and on fabrics like satin, lace or Morhair !! To add a new twist to it, mix it with Fuchsia and Black.
Fashion show pictures from : Nina Ricci, Derek Lam, Monique Lhuillier, Escada, Simone Rocha, Christian Siriano, Sonia Rykiel, Alberta Ferretti from left to right.
* Pink, not really new, I agree ;) but the Trend extended to all existing Pink shades !! Dusty Pink, Fucsia, Bubblegum on Dresses, Trousers, Coats, Bouses etc ...
Fashion show pictures from : Lanvin, Prabal Gurung, Rochas, J.Crew, Alice + Olivia, Jason Wu, Boss, Paul & Joe, Kenzo from left to right.
* Cognac / Tabacco / Cinnamon shades have been already really successful last Winter, and they are back this season ;) ! That's Great for our favorite styles !!
Fashion show pictures from : Cushnie et Ochs, Chanel, Longchamp, DKNY, J.Crew, Banana Republic, Polo Ralph Lauren, Alice + Olivia, Burberry, Diane von Fustenberg from left to right.
* Finally a "new" color, a shade between beige and grey : Warm Taupe !! Great color on Coats and Suede ;)
Fashion Show pictures from : Max Mara, Ralph Lauren, Max Mara, Valentino, Zero + Maria Cornejo, Giorgio Armani, Ralph Lauren, Givenchy from left to right.
* Grey is a basic, we will agree on that ;) but the color was seen a lot on the runways, so impossible not to mention it ;) (and that fact that it is the base color of my own wardrobe, has nothing to do with that ;) ;) !!)
Fashion Show pictures from : Isabel Marant, BCBG Max Azria, Calvin Klein Collection, Alberta Ferretti, Hermès, J.Crew, Rachel Zoe, Stella McCartney, Tomas Maier, Erdem, Banana Republic, Carolina Herrera from left to right.
* Already really In for FW 2015, White, Off White, Ecru are back for this season !! Again not the easiest color to wear in Winter, but I'm sure we will agree on the fact that it looks really nice on the runway ;) !
Fashion Show pictures from : Jil Sander, Escada, DKNY, Alberta Ferretti, Diesel Black Gold, Cédric Charlier, Boss, Prabal Gurung, Isabel Marant, Derek Lam from left to right.
* This Fall / Winter is high on colors as Yellow and Orange where High on the runways !! Will it be same for the R.T.W collections ??
- Yellow, from Butter Yellow to Lemon and Mustard, if you are a fan, that's maybe the best way to put some Sunshine into the Grey winter days ;)
Fashion Show pictures from : Roberto Cavalli, Mulberry, Cédric Charlier, Valentino, Max Mara, J.Crew, Adam Lippes, Escada, Christian Siriano from left to right.
- Orange, also not easy to wear as total look for Winter right ? Mixing it with Kaki or Navy, could made the twist ;)
Fashion Show pictures from : Rachel Zoe, Paul Smith, Longchamp, Jenny Packham, Sportmax, Trina Turk, Lacoste, Paul & Joe, Diane von Furstenberg, Maison Margiela from left to right.
- Burgundy, was THE color from last season, where Marsala was the Pantone color of the year ! Even if it's not that strong anymore, the color is still "In" and some of this silhouettes are just Georgeous, right ??!!
Fashion Show pictures from : Chloé, Escada, Sonia Rykiel, Burberry, Zac Posen, Vanessa Bruno, McQ Alexander McQueen from left to right.
- and the last color trend for this Fall / Winter 2016 season is Purpel again in different shades, Violet, Lavender, Orchid ...!!
Fashion Show pictures from : ZAC Zac Posen, Miu Miu, Michael Kors Collection, Carolina Herrera, Victoria Beckham, Topshop Unique, Delpozo, Carven from left to right.
The Runway Silhouettes are often monochrome, but some designers have a special talent in mixing colors and it can be really inspiring ;) !! I'm sharing with you some of my favorites :
* Navy / Orange mix, seen on the Diane von Furstenberg, PRE - Fall collection ! Plein or printed, I love it !! Do you ?
* The Lanvin PRE - Fall collection presented this amazing silhouette where Dusty Pink / Burgundy / Ecru are mixed ! Perfect to avoid the little girl or Barbie effect that Pink generaly provides ;) !! Need to adopt this color mix ASAP ;-)
* It was not in my color presentation, but for sure there's Black this Fall / Winter season ;) Black as total look, but also Black as color base to try some nice mixes !!
- Pigeon Blue and Fucsia / Black from Altuzarra, AMA-ZING !!
- with Yellow, seen at Mugler for example : (and at Versace as well) :
- Black / Gold, I will come back on that in detail in the fabric post, as it is a really strong Jacquard color combinaison - Here, at Chanel, (but I'm sure you reconized it ;))
* and let's finish this post with an usual color combinaison, that may not hit the high street ;) Yellow / Pink, as seen at the Ulla Johnson show (and at Creatures of Comfort, Delpozo etc ...)
And let's finaly close this TOO long post with the Season Color Card !! In case you have a Fall / Winter 2016 Moodboard on Pinterest or even in your Creative room, it can be inspiring !!
See you next week, with the Fall / Winter Fabric Trends ;)
Have a great week,
Yvonne - The Sweet Mercerie